17 Mar Brighton Rec Centre is Open
The Brighton Recreational Centre is currently open with all programs running as per usual, until we are advised otherwise.
We are currently undertaking the following additional measures in the gymnasium and throughout the entire Centre to ensure that Brighton Rec is still a safe place to visit.
- We are asking all patrons to wash your hands thoroughly before and after your class as well as sanitising your hands with the hand sanitiser available at our Reception desk and the Gym entrance.
- We are disinfecting high touch surfaces in the gym and Childcare Centre after every session.
- Additional daily cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in the gymnasium and Centre.
- Removing items, where possible, that cannot be easily disinfected such as bean bags, foam blocks and soft toys.
- Stamps for Pre-School gymnastics students will only be in given in books and not on hands and/or feet.
- Drink bottles for Gymnastics students will be kept separately rather than together in the coloured tubs.
- Children will be reminded to cover coughs and sneezes with inner elbows.
- Advising members and staff to stay at home when not well.
We also need to remind patrons not to visit our Centre under the following circumstances:
- If you have been in direct contact with a known case of CONVID-19.
- If you have recently been overseas, you are required to not attend any classes for 14 days commencing from the first day of your return to Australia.
- If you or your child are experiencing even the most minor symptoms and begin to feel unwell, or develop a fever please keep your children at home.
We will continue to update you of any changes to our protocol via our social media pages, our website www.brightonrec.com.au and via email.
For the most up-to-date advice, please monitor the Australian Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert.