13 Mar Update on Coronavirus
We know that information regarding the coronavirus situation is of high importance to you and your families. Please be aware that we are following Department of Health and Human Services guidelines in regards to coronavirus.
The health and well-being of our participants is our highest priority. At this stage, classes held at the Centre will go ahead until further advised. It is important that people remain calm and act on the best health advice available.
We wanted to share with you the following recommendations as per the DHHS website:
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick.
- If you take medication, ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Shaking hands is optional!
Here are the most relevant, informative and up to date links that you can go to in order to read more information.
We ask that our participants follow the directions and information on COVID-19, issued by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) which can be found
We will continue to provide information as it comes to hand.